Re: Sequence number use in pqact.conf??

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Michael W Dross wrote:

> Rob,
>
> I configured the ldm's pqing to use the -5 flag in the ldmd.conf file. This
> system is feeding the WMO feedtype via socket from our NOAAPORT machine.
> Its not feeding WMO data from any other sources.
>
> What I have noticed is it appears that the pqing is flagging products as "
> Product already in queue" when it really isn't. It appears to be
> ignoring the bulletin size, or at least it would appear.  I have attached a
> couple of hours of the pqing -v   log. The bulletin I noticed most
> often flagged is the "SXUS70 KWAL" since it comes across often.  In particular
> SXUS70 KWAL 200437 was
> flagged and could find another one prior that was with the same time and/or
> size
> (604 bytes).
>
> Take a look and let me know what you think. Maybe I am not understanding
> something...

Mike,

Even though you are getting products from a single source there will still
be duplicates. The NWS resends products all the time.  Now with the -5
flag the difference of sequence numbers, ie 259 and 260 doesn't matter.

I checked the log, the SNPS40 product was flagged as a duplicate but it's
size is 97 bytes so it's a duplicate.  I checked about 10 products it was
the same scenario.

@Sep 20 05:16:19 pqing[26561]:       97 20000920051619.499     WMO 259
SNPS40
AMMC 200400 RRF
^@Sep 20 05:16:19 pqing[26561]:       97 20000920051619.504     WMO 260
SNPS40
AMMC 200400 RRF
^@Sep 20 05:16:19 pqing[26561]: Product already in queue

I did a test with pqing by using the same rawfile twice and it flagged all
the duplicates correctly:

pqing -vl - -q data/ldm.pq -f HDS -5 <ingest source or rawfile>

You can also use pqcat to dump the LDM queue if you are thinking that a
product is missing. Look at the pqcat man page.

At this point I think the -5 flag is working correctly.

Robb...