Re: 20001117: LDM Timeout Question

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi David,

It's not the -t option to rpc.ldmd that you want to use.   That option has to
do with how long a site will wait for a response from a remote site when it
does a remote procedure call, a pretty low level detail.

You want to use the -m and/or -o option to tell rpc.ldmd how far back you want
to request data. Here's something about this that I wrote to Karl Feaux at
UNAVCO:

"The -o (offset) flag refers to what data you want to request upon start up,
and the -m flag refers to what data you are willing to accept. (You might find
yourself accepting older data than you would request if your ldm falls behind
for some reason.)  By default, the offset will be the same as the max latency,
which is what I assume you want, so using the -m flag should work."

You can see this message if you search our support archives - see
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/65/3943?12#mfs.  And, do 'man rpc.ldmd'
to see more information about these options and rpc.ldmd in general.

I'm not sure why your LDM received the missing files on startup but not during
the normal course of events - I'd need to take a look at one or both of the
logs for that.  But, I think that trying the above will solve your problem.
So, no, you should not need to restart the LDM to get all the files.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307