Re: LDM 5.1.2. RedHat 7 Install

Justin Weaver wrote:

> Anne,
>
> Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it!  No, I am not using
> ldmadmin.conf, and being a brand new machine, I had to create a new
> queue to start with.  Even though I have done this install a few times
> before I tried the Linux box, I did go through the binary and source
> install directions on the UNIDATA home page pretty carefully.  Anyhow,
> I would be glad to try the 'standard questions' and see we can figure
> this out pretty quickly.  Again, thanks a lot for taking the time to
> help me out.
>
> Justin
> ---------------------------------
> Justin Weaver
> Lead Forecaster/AWIPS Focal Point
> National Weather Service
> Detroit/Pontiac (DTX)
> ---------------------------------

Hi Justin,

Let's see...

Which distribution do you have now?  Binary or source?  If it's binary, which
one did you get from the ftp site?

It's important to ensure that the logging is working because that's your one of
your best sources for information.  You say nothing shows up in the log.  You
should at least see a line that says the the ldm started up.  Does that appear?
 Are you sure that a log file exists?  If so, who is the owner and what are the
permissions on the log file?

Check that the line in /etc/syslog.conf that sends local0.debug to
/usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log is separated by tabs - some systems require that.
If you change /etc/syslog.conf, you'll have to stop and restart the ldm to get
the syslog daemon to reread the conf file.

Ensure that the directory /usr/local/ldm/logs is owned, and therefore writable,
by ldm. If that directory is a link to another directory, make sure that the
final directory is also owned by ldm.

Regarding problems with queue, were you user 'ldm' when you installed the ldm?
Are the executables owned by ldm?  Who is the owner and what are the
permissions on the queue?
How do you know that nothing shows up in the queue?  When you execute 'ldmadmin
watch', what happens?  Try executing 'pqcat -v -l - > /dev/null'  This will
give you information about what's in the queue.

Let's start with these possibilities.  Please investigate and let me know what
happens.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307