Re: LDM 5.1.2. RedHat 7 Install

Justin Weaver wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I know you are busy and before you take any more time to help me with
> my ldm problem, let me check out some things with the person who did
> the install on the system.  I think we have some networking problems
> and think that could be the overall malfunction with LDM working
> properly.  As I said before, it is a brand new box and since LDM seemed
> to be installed properly and I have verified that data are arriving
> okay, I did a little more poking around and noted that none of the
> services typically found in the inetd.conf file are running.  In fact,
> there is no inetd.conf file!  This has something to do with the way the
> system was installed and is Red Hat's way of making a more secure
> system.  Basically, you can ftp and telnet out of the box, but not in.
> I bet when I get these services running, ldm will behave as it usually
> does.  I will let you know how it works out.
>
> Of course, if you think I am totally off base on this, I would
> certainly like to proceed with the troubleshooting if/when you have the
> time.  Thanks again for all of your help.
>
> Justin
> ---------------------------------
> Justin Weaver
> Lead Forecaster/AWIPS Focal Point
> National Weather Service
> Detroit/Pontiac (DTX)

Thank you for the update, Justin, and for you concern about my time.  I do
appreciate that.

I think you have uncovered a separate problem that does need to be addressed.
But that doesn't explain pqing's not inserting anything into the queue, as
that's all local.  I'm going to ask around if anyone can think of changes
between 5.0.5 and 5.1.2 wrt pqing.  I'll be back.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307