Re: newbie on ldm territories (fwd)

Hi Rafael,

I'm sorry not to respond sooner.  It's been quite busy here.

At the command line do 'echo $PATH'.  You should see
/usr/local/ldm/bin somewhere in your path.  It's probably
not there, or the OS would have found it.  But, this could
reveal the problem with your path.  If you don't see a
problem email the result to me.

You could 'cd' to /usr/local/ldm/bin and do './ldmadmin
start' to get around the path problem, assuming your ldm
isn't looking for other programs that it can't find.  But,
this should at least allow you to start the ldm and see
something in the logs.

Similarly, you can 'cd' to /usr/local/ldm/bin and do
'./ldmadmin log' or './ldmadmin tail' to see the log or
follow the end of the log.

If things aren't working, send me a copy of your log.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307