Re: [Fwd: 20001208: LDM FIle times]

Erick,

The standard LDM configuration is to use GMT time because all the reports
use GMT time. When the LDM is compiled it sets the TZ=GMT (time zone
environment flag to GMT)  I guess if you wanted to use PST then you could
set :

setenv TZ PST

before building the source code.  Probably would have strange file
results, personally never tried it.

> Some of my AREA files are dated about 7 hours into the
> future which would
> be about correct if my system was running on GMT but the
> date command gives
> PST.
>
> I also notice that the events reported in ldmadmin watch are
> consistant
> with GMT rather than local.
>
> I ask this because I also noticed that when I touch a file
> as root the same
> discrepency occurs.  I just want to make sure whether this
> is due to the
> LDM or perhaps is because my system was compromised
> recently and now I have to look for some hacked program that
> messing with
> my dates.

It's the LDM

Robb...