Re: IDD Statistics (fwd)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Here's the entry in my /var/spool/cron/crontabs/ldm:
>
> # send stats
> 35 * * * * bin/ldmadmin dostats
>
> and this is part of my ldmd.conf:
>
> #exec "pqexpire"
> exec  "xcd_run MONITOR"
> exec  "pqbinstats"
> exec  "pqact"
> #exec "pqsurf"
>
> This has always been set this way, but I don't think you're getting my
> stats.  Any suggestions?

Hi Tony,

You are correct, UPC is not receiving your LDM statistics.
I would run the ldmadmin dostats from the command line, ie

% ldmadmin dostats

It should register an error if there's a problem.  There should be a file
ldmbinstats.upc in the logs directory if everything is working OK . It
contains the statistics and topo information.  If there's  a problem, it's
most likely it can't find a mailer program.  I would check which mail
program that you have on your machine and then mail the file, ie

% /bin/mail < ldmbinstats.upc

It's probably a different mail program on your machine.

Robb...