Re: 20001215: LDM FEEDME

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Alan,

Since I don't know specifically what you've checked I'll
start with what might seem obvious.

Does the upstream machine have an 'allow' line in it's
ldmd.conf file to allow the downstream machine to receive
the EXP feed?  Does the downstream machine have a 'request'
line requesting the EXP feed from the upstream machine?   I
will take a look at these entries if you want to send them
to me.

Can you do 'ldmping -i3 -h <upstreamSite>' from the
downstream site and get a response?

Can you do 'notifyme -vl - -h <upstreamSite> -f EXP' from
the downstream site and see products arriving?

If these both work correctly, I suggest starting the ldm
server on the downstream site by hand (from the command
line) and seeing if there's any output.  This is, do
        rpc.ldmd -xl -
from the downstream site.  This will log products and
invidual packets as they arrive from the upstream site - you
would be able to see if products are only partially
transmitted.

Similarly, you could start rpc.ldmd from the command line on
the upstream host and see what that one says.

Try these things and let me know what you find out.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307