Re: how to set per user process limit on Solaris? (fwd)

>From: Tom McDermott <address@hidden>
>Subject: LDM: out of per user processes

Tom,

Here's the information I promised on how to set a per usr process
limit for the number of processes that the LDM user can spawn.  If you
set a generous limit, it should allow the LDM to run as intended but
protect other users in case something ever happens that causes lots of
processes to be spawned.

By the way, I heard another possible explanation for the symptom you
saw of too many processes on your LDM server: if any of your decoders
write to an NFS-mounted file system and connectivity to the NFS server
is lost or it crashes, depending on the characteristics of the NFS
mount lots of processes could hang waiting to write.

--Russ