Re: 20010220: ldmadmin core dumps

Alan Hall wrote:

> The car...Well, I'm positive that something is wrong with that car.  To get it
> going, I had to insert the key, turn to the off position, foot on the brake,
> put in neutral, start the car, then to drive or reverse.  This 'work-a-round'
> is what I had to do every time I stopped.  They gave me a coupon for my next
> rental for a couple of days free.  I didn't fuss too much.  Thanks for getting
> us where we need to go that morning, we were stuck!

Wierd...  Sounds like a pain.  I'm glad the rest of your trip was
uneventful.

> I'm running 5.1.2 on all my systems and all are working fine except on this
> one Sun.  The core dump happens anytime you type in ldmadmin with or without
> arguments.
>
> It's a really strange error.
>
> Alan.

Wow.  Did your perl version change underneath you?  When you do 'which
perl', what do you get, and is that path different than the one in
ldmadmin?  Also, what version of perl are you using?  'perl -v' will
tell you that.   We require version 5 or greater.  Make sure that the
version the script is using meets this requirement.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307