Re: 20010220: pqact not working

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Wil,

First, ldmadmin pqactcheck does not find all the possible problems in a
pqact.conf file.  It's useful mostly as a first pass debugging tool.

Your NEXRAD entry looks fine to me.  But, the fact that pqact dumps core
indicates to me that one of those yucky, invisible errors has been
introduced into pqact.conf.  pqact.conf requires that fields in a
pqact.conf entry be separated by tabs.  If an entry is continued over
two lines (as yours appears to be), then the first character on the
second line should be a tab.  I can't judge whether this is true from
what you sent me, as mailers often munge messages to 'improve' their
format.

Perhaps if you ran 'pqact -v -l -' or 'pqact -x -l -' it will show you
where the problem is.  (From your 'pqact -v -x' command, above, pqact
would write to the log file - did anything appear there?)

Sometimes with pqact it's necessary to do a painful, brute force
approach where you delete suspicious lines from the file, then add them
back in one at a time to pinpoint the problem.  Sad, but true.

Please let me know what you find out.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307