Re: 20010222: LDM-METAR problem (fwd) - more sample data

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Greg Thompson wrote:

> > I forgot to add the SPCN along with SACN as the names for the Canadian
> > reports to be processed. The corrected code is attached, hopefully this
> > solve your problems.
>
> Couldn't you solve this better by matching just ^SP[A-Z][A-Z] instead of
> individual country codes?  I'm concerned that other country's
> WMO headers will have SPLF for France for example.  Is this true?
> This code should handle all country's SPECIs not just U.S. and
> Canada.

Greg,

The Canadian reports are the ones missing the "PIL" line all the other
countries have the 2nd line filled in with a PIL, "METAR", "SPECI", etc.
It's the absence of that line that caused the problem in the first place.
So if it's a Canadian report, (SACN|SPCN) the code skips processing the
PIL line, all other reports do the standard processing ^S[A-Z][A-Z]...
that was done before. I should of been clearer in my fix description

Robb...