Re: Data outage

"Eric W. Ribble" wrote:

> On 3/20/01 7:58 AM, "Charles O'Brien" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Anne, Eric...
> >
> > Sorry for the lag in my response.
> > For the record, we at WSI DO NOT run an LDM server.
> > We have homegrown program that sends data to clients
> > explicitly using LDM 5 protocol (kinda like PQSEND).
> >
> > There should be NO request lines to WSI in your ldmd.conf file.
> > We don't have an LDM server running.  If it is still in, please
> > take it out.
> >
> > Having said that, I notice that I am now able to LDMPING
> > anvil.eas.purdue.edu successfully.  I have turned on the feed
> > and all appears well again.  Enjoy the data.  PErhaps it
> > was just some typo.
> >
> > As for the /etc/hosts file here at WSI.  We do not use one.
> > We consult a DNS for outside systems.
> >

> > Charlie
>
> Well, things are good on this end.  Charlie, any idea what happened?  I
> thought we didn't need a request line in for WSI, but I had no idea where to
> turn.  It has now been taken out and all is well.  I left all the accept
> lines in the ldmd.conf file just in case.  :)
>
> Charlie and Anne - Thanks for all your help.
>
> Cheers -
>
> Eric
>
> --
> Eric W. Ribble
> Purdue University
> Mesoscale Convection and Tornado Research Group (MCT)
> address@hidden
> http://www.eas.purdue.edu/~eribble

Charlie and Eric,

I'm glad to hear things are working.  Charlie, thank you for the
information.  I will put this in our archives for future reference.  If
you are using the pqsend model, then I assume that 'accept' lines are
required and 'allow' are not, is that right?

Is it me or is it still unclear what the problem was?  The ldmd.conf
file that Eric sent me had accept lines that looked correct.  Please let
me know if the problem was indeed identified.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307