Re: access to NMC2 data

"Jason J. Levit" wrote:

> > Here is a message from Steve Chiswell regarding patterns for the ETA 212
> > and 215.  Was this the page you looked at?  Down at the bottom it has
> > links for specific ETA grids, e.g., follow the line called "ETA212
> > filenames"
> >
> > > CONDUIT product web page:
> > > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/ncep_idd/
> > >
> > > Using the filenames shown on the pages above, one possible
> > > pattern for just ETA 212 and ETA 215 would be:
> > > "(ncep/erl/icwf|ncepc/eta/erl)"
>
>   Hi Anne,
>
>   The above page is indeed what I was looking at to receive the CONDUIT
> data; it's been very useful so far.  I was able to use the info from
> there for my pqact.conf file to save just the ETA 212 and 215 files from
> the entire NMC2 data strea.  Now, I want to change the ldmd.conf file to
> just request those particular files, and nothing else...so, the entry
> would look like:?
>
>   request NMC2 "^ncep/erl/icwf" motherlode.ucar.edu      (???)
>
>   ...in my ldmd.conf file, assuming I just want to request the ETA 212
> grid?  Tabs are implied, of course.  How does the above look?
>
>   Jason

I wouldn't use the '^' character - in looking at the page (which is
ambiguous to me), it looks like the file name is the product ID, and
that doesn't start with 'ncep'.   Try:

        request NMC2 "ncep/erl/icwf" motherlode.ucar.edu
        request NMC2 "ncepc/eta/erl" motherlode.ucar.edu

or

        request NMC2 "(ncep/erl/icwf|ncepc/eta/erl)" motherlode.ucar.edu

Either way, the effect will be the same.

If that doesn't work.  If I have a moment tomorrow, I will ask chiz
about the meaning of the web page, e.g., which file name is the product
ID, and what's that other junk that starts with the '!'.

Let me know if this works for you.

Anne

> --
> Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                      Research Scientist,
> address@hidden                Center for Analysis and Prediction of
> Storms
> Room 1022                                 University of Oklahoma
> 405/325-3503                              http://www.caps.ou.edu/

                                  Boulder, CO  80307