Re: 20010404: ldm uid

Unidata Support wrote:

> Anne,
>
> To my knowledge, we have never specified what UID LDM should be given.
> And, as far as I know, it makes no difference what UID the LDM account is
> given. But since you're the expert....and its lunch time.....
>
> Chiz

Hi Terri,

The LDM is not assigned any particular user id.   The user id is established
at your site - it's whatever the user id is for your ldm account.   Did you
untar the distribution as root?  In that case the user id of the resulting
files is set to the user id of the files from which the tar file was built.

The distribution should be untar'ed as user ldm.  If you did not do this, I
would chown the files to user ldm, which should set the uid correctly.

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307