Re: 20010418: ldm connection problem (fwd)

Tom McDermott wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, anne wrote:

> Out of curiosity, may I see the lines from your ldmd.conf to allow graup1
> to connect to vortex?

### Primary Feeds
allow UNIDATA           blizzard.weather.brockport.edu
allow UNIDATA|FSL2      graupl.uml.edu
allow UNIDATA|FSL2      newton.physics.drexel.edu
allow UNIDATA|FSL2      catwoman.cs.moravian.edu
allow UNIDATA|FSL2      ^[a-z].*\.colgate\.edu

As you can see, it's the same as the catwoman host from Moravian College,
which has no problems.

> From my machine here, imogene, I'm able to do 'notifyme' and also to
> receive data from vortex running both V5.1.2 and V5.0.8, so I assume my
> connection didn't cause the problem to occur.

I see the connections from unidata.ucar.edu and imogene in my log.  No,
they did not cause the flood of RECLASS messages.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info.

The best idea I've come up with so far for debugging this is to have graup1 connect and at that time for you to cycle the rpc.ldmd process serving graup1 into debug mode and see what gets reported in the log.  Have you ever done this?  You can get the pid for that particular process from the ldm log.  Then, you simply issue it a 'kill -USR2 <pid>' command.  Issuing that command will cycle the process through quiet, verbose, and debug modes, in that order.   Verbose and debug modes will fill up your log even faster,  but a few examples should be sufficient.  To turn off the noise, just issue the command once or twice again to get it back into quiet mode, depending on what mode the process is in at the time.

Maybe there's a problem with the regular _expression_ package such that every product that vortex tries to serve to graup1 is rejected.

Would you be willing to give this a try?  Although, I guess you won't be able to do this test until Frank returns.

Anne

Anne Wilson                     UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307
Unidata WWW server       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/