Re: Help! I think I have found the problem!

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, anne wrote:
>
> > Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> > >
> > > Oops, sorry. "/usr/bin/cc" is what I get when typing "which cc".
> > >

> > Thanks.  And, does that point to gcc?  Try 'ls -l /usr/bin/cc'.
>
> It does, indeed.
>
> > FYI, I just got the same error on our 7.1 machine.  I don't know if
> > that's comforting or not!  Let me work on this a bit.
>
> Yes it is, for me. :-) LDM-users is flapping about gcc being messed
> up--not a standard version, but then Pete Pokrandt says they've fixed it
> in RH 7.1. Interesting. I did install the backwards-compatability gcc
> software on my machine.

Yeah, I've been watching this.

It's only pqutil that's a problem, and that module is not essential to
the running of the ldm.  I modified the makefile so that it would not
try to build pqutil. I then encountered some other problems making the
man pages, so I cut that out of the build as well.  Now, I've
encountered another missing executable to HUP the syslogd.  Dang, the
problems all seem small, but they're piling up.

This is going to take me a little time.  Can you revert back to your old
crashing version for a few hours?  Or, how about 5.1.2?

Anne

> Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
> E-mail: address@hidden                                 ***
> Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307