pqexpire and pqinsert hang

We have an LDM 5.0.8 (I know its not the newest version) that has been
running for quite some time in operations.  This morning around 1440Z
LDM entered a unusual state.  Any pqexpire command would never finish
and subsequent pqinsert commands would never complete.  I checked the
queue status and it returned fine, 0.  I've deleted and recreated the
queue several times as well.  The net result is pqinsert and pqexpire
processes begin but never finish.  The disk is not full, nothing stands
out in the log file or syslog.log file.

LDM is running on an HP with HP 10.2 and perl 5.004_004.

Do you have any suggestions or have you or others seen this problem in
the past?

Thanks,
Gregg

>From address@hidden Thu May 10 12:19:27 2001
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: pqexpire and pqinsert hang

Problem solved.  It turns out syslog wasn't running correctly.  The
process syslogd was running but nothing was being logged to syslog.log.
Once the process was restarted LDM started working correctly.

Gregg