Re: FSL2 data

"Jason J. Levit" wrote:

>   Hi Anne,
>
>   Hello!  Hope everything is well in Colorado!  I'm fixing some of the
> real-time data flow in our computers here at CAPS, and I'm curious to
> know how I can obtain access to the FSL2 feed, either from Unidata or
> another source.  Do you know who I can contact about it?  Thanks for any
> help, Anne!
>
>   Jason
>
> --
> Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                      Research Scientist,
> address@hidden                Center for Analysis and Prediction of
> Storms
> Room 1022                                 University of Oklahoma
> 405/325-3503                              http://www.caps.ou.edu/

Hi Jason,

Boy this was interesting - four different people and three different
answers.

Anyway, the profiler data, FSL2, is not proprietary, but is available
for distribution only to universities.  So, if your upstream host has it
you are free to get it, but you may not distribute it except to
universities.

If your upstream host does not receive this feed, let me know and we'll
set something else up for you.

I also found out that there is hourly profiler data available via
NOAAPORT.  It's not as timely as the FSL2 data which is, I believe,
every six minutes.  FYI.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307