Re: 20010514: status of ldm 5.1.3 on RH 7.1

Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: <address@hidden>
> >From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: status of ldm 5.1.3 on RH 7.1
>
> Hi...
>
> Was wondering what the status is of building ldm5.1.3 on RH 7.1.  I
> followed support mail helping Gilbert through April 27, 2001 but didn't
> see a resolution.  I've just installed RH 7.1 and tried building ldm 5.1.3
> and have hit the same error.  Can you give me a status on this problem and
> a suggestion of how to proceed?
>
>                                        Thanks.
>
>                                          Art.
>
> Arthur A. Person
> Research Assistant, System Administrator
> Penn State Department of Meteorology
> email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Hi Art,

Is is the "time_conv" error?  If so, the solution is to go into pqutil.c
and remove the #ifdef _AIX / #endif that surrounds the #include
<time.h>.

The other Redhat 7.x error involves hupsyslog.  This is solved by
starting the installation over and rerunning configure, but first you
must go into the configure script and change

    elif test -r /var/run/syslogd.pid; then
        cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF

    elif test -f /var/run/syslogd.pid; then
               ^
        cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF

We'll be making a small distribution to deal with problem.  Right now
I'm waiting on a final change that someone else is making before
bundling and testing the distribution.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307