Re: configuring OS (fwd)

"Brian S. Miller" wrote:

> Anne-
> Sorry for being so general in the last message.  I am using Redhat Linux
> 7.1.  I understand everything that you wrote.  Thank you for the quick
> response.
> I am still unsure of where the boot script goes.  Maybe I had it in the
> right place but I just spelled it incorrectly.
>
> Thanks again for your help.
> Brian

H Brian,

I would try putting it in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d.  I would give it a name like
S95ldmd, so that it's started late in the level 3 sequence.  Let me know
it this doesn't work for you.

Have you built the software yet? Or, are you doing a binary
installation?  I suggest building from source for Redhat 7.x, as at
least one machine has had problems with binaries from earlier versions
(although other machines haven't shown this behavior - go figure).  Even
so, I've uncovered a minor bug in the build that you might encounter.
Let me know if you have problems.

And, you're very welcome.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307