[Fwd: Re: Flood down?]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Flood down?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:56:08 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden>
To: Anne Wilson <address@hidden>

Anne,

I may be missing something, what is the FNEXRAD feed?

mjl

  Dr. Mark J. Laufersweiler     |
  School of Meteorology         | If "con" is the opposite of "pro,"
  University of Oklahoma        |   then what is the opposite of
  address@hidden                |             progress?
  (405) 325-6032                |
  (405) 325-7689  (fax)         |

Hi Mark,

FNEXRAD is the "floater" NEXRAD feed.  Students at Millersville and
DuPage watch the weather and pick radars where interesting weather is
occuring.  Currently I think three radars are picked, but there are
plans to increase the number.

Our plan was that while the NEXRAD feed (same as the NNEXRAD feed) would
have its own topology due to its large volume, the FNEXRAD feed would be
distributed along the usual IDD network since its volume is small.  You
should be able to get it from your primary feed if you want to take a
look.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307