Re: 20010531: ldm 5.1.3 with RH 7.1 thrashing

"Arthur A. Person" wrote:

> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Anne Wilson wrote:
>

> > Hi Art,
> >
> > Did you recently upgrade the OS?  Did you rebuild 5.1.3 under RH7.1 or
> > is it an old executable?  And, is it an old queue?
>
> It's new hardware (Compaq ML330) with RH 7.1 installed as a new install.
> I built the ldm using the couple fixes you suggested a few weeks ago to
> make it work.  I re-made the queue before starting.  I ran it for a while
> over the weekend with a 300MB queue to try and avoid problems but I don't
> know if I ran it long enough to see whether problems would occur with a
> small queue.  It's still crawling along (running behind) if you would like
> to take a look at it, assuming you can get logged on.  I think if I try to
> stop the ldm the system will jam and I'll have to power cycle... at least
> that's what I had to do this past weekend.
>
>                                       Art.

Can you make the log available to me?  And, what's the history on the
queue size?  Do you normally run with less than 300MB, and is that what
you're doing now?

How many rpc.ldmd processes are currently running?  (I hope it's
responsive enough to tell.)

It might be worthwhile for me to log in...

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307