Re: 20010629: LDM 5.1.4

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hello Hsie,

This message means that for some reason some processes that are spawned
by pqact are dying.  Most likely it's a decoder or decompressor or
something along those lines.

Were any paths or permissions changed so that a decoder couldn't be
found or a file couldn't be written properly?  Are you missing any data?

To identify what's failing, you could see if the PIDs being reported in
the log match any other log entries.  And/or, you can put pqact in
verbose or debug mode by sending it a USR2 signal, i.e., do 'kill -USR2
<pqactPID>', then see if any more useful information appears in the
log.  Sending pqact this signal will cause it to cycle through its three
modes: quiet, verbose, and debug.  The second two may fill up your log.

Please try these things and let me know what you find out.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307