Re: 20010706: LDM under Redhat 6.2

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Jim,

Good detective work!  pqact is looking for the gdbm shared library.  On
my RedHat 7.0 machine that library exists in /usr/lib.  Apparently it's
missing in your new installation, or maybe it's in some nonstandard
place.

Assuming it's missing, if you want to use the gdbm you'll need to get
the library from somewhere.  It may be on your installation disk.  If
you don't want to use gdbm, then go to ~ldm/src/pqact and change one
line in the Makefile.  Change

DEFINES =  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H to
DEFINES =  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNO_DB

Then remove *.o in that directory and do 'make pqact'.  This will build
pqact without the interface to gdbm.  But, if you do this you will need
to do the same every time you upgrade your ldm.

Btw, since you're upgrading, why don't you grab the latest version of
the ldm?  We're currently on V5.1.4.  The changes in 5.1.2 were
significant - I recommend you get them.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307