Re: 20010629: alloc.h

Paul Hamer wrote:

> Anne,
>
> A few years ago, following conversations with Glenn Davis, I
> wrote a few classes to map to the ldm product queue directly.
> I was told at the time, and it's actually turned out to be
> true, that the various library calls in the ldmlib would
> not change. So I actually have classes that include ldm.h
> from /usr/local/ldm/include and link to the ldmlib.a to
> build executables. Since I have -I/usr/local/ldm/include
> in the include path I get alloc.h
>
> Looking for includes from specific and not some general
> directories is done quite alot. ACE, for example, does the
> same thing. It certainly helps stop the sort of problem I
> described above. I would like to see only those header files
> that are really necessary for using ldmlib in include since
> they are all that's required for any application.

Hi Paul,

From my searching, it looks like alloc.h doesn't need to be in
'include'.  In the next distribution I'll try removing it.  But, we
probably won't make another distribution for a while.

> BTW, using the preprocessor in LDM has also caused me a
> few problems. For example:
>
> "#define ACARS 64"
>
> in ldm.h has made me wonder what was going on for a few
> minutes with some build I was doing. I think a better practice
> is using:
>
> "static const int ACARS = 64;"
>
> but that's going to be abit of work.

Yes, I agree that would be better.  But I have to prioritize my jobs to
fit my resources, which are limited.  I'll make a note of it, but I
probably won't go there.

> Thanks for looking into this.
>
> Paul.

You're welcome!