Re: 20010629: alloc.h

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Paul,

I'm told by my clever and talented coworker that the traditional form of
a distribution is for the distribution to be "self-contained", i.e., it
needn't go beyond the src directory to find what it needs in order to
build.  Populating the 'include' and 'lib' directories is for 3rd party
software.  This allows you to blow away the src tree if you want and
still write software using the LDM's headers and libraries.  This
explains why *none* of the files in 'include' are referenced in the
Makefiles.  This is news to me.

Hope this helps.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307