Re: 20010727: Problem getting ldmd.log created

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi James,

The file ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log must exist before the syslog daemon will
write to it - it will not be created for you.  If you inadvertently
deleted it then you must create it again.  Do 'touch ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log'
to create a 0 length file.  From there, the syslog daemon will take over
and write messages to the file.

Try this, and let me know if this fixes your problem or not.

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307