Re: 20010426: New LDM/IDD node

Hi Adam,

(jweber) laraine:/home/jweber 1 % ldmping -i5 -h sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:55:33      State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host
rpc_stat
Aug 23 19:55:33 RESPONDING   0.127509  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:55:38 RESPONDING   0.036370  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:55:43 RESPONDING   0.035674  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:55:48 RESPONDING   0.035661  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:55:53 RESPONDING   0.035857  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:55:58 RESPONDING   0.035385  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:56:03 RESPONDING   0.035772  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu
Aug 23 19:56:08 RESPONDING   0.035702  388   sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu

Hmmm, cannot replicate here. This lends me to believe it may have
something to do with your ISP or network conditions. Perhaps it is getting
"clogged" and therefore cannot resolve the ldmping packets.

The NNEXRAD issue may also be playing a part, we (LSU) may be feeding too
many folks the NNEXRAD feed, so the machine may fall behind for awhile
during these peak data periods...When this happens again, try doing a
traceroute, I know these are small packets, but it may lend some
additional info..

There is no reason the LDM should just quit, and I am very surprised there
is no log entry regarding the shutdown. Could you please snip the tail of
your log and send to me, maybe I can see something in there that might
give a clue as to what is going on.

I will contact LSU and see if any other downstream sites have mentioned
difficulties, we have not heard from them here at Unidata..but that does
not always mean all is well.

What are you requesting from LSU?

How is your request line configured?

I guess we still have some "tuning" left for your LDM..

I am cc'ing Anne Wilson who helps develop the LDM code, she is away this
week, but will be back monday and can lend insight then if we have not
solved the problem by then.

Thank you,

 -Jeff