Re: 20010824: weird 5.1.2 startup problems (fwd)

Hi Deb,

I don't know much about the Hewlett Packards, but as I recall the j
series was somehow faster than the c series, implying something
different about the hardware.  Or maybe I'm dreaming - I will ask our
system administrator about this tomorrow.

In the meantime, I think building the software from source would be the
thing to try.  Do you have a compiler and 'make' on the j210?  If so,
you can get the most recent version of the software.  5.1.2 was the last
version for which we made binaries, as it was the last really
significant upgrade.  I don't think a more recent version will make a
difference as the changes are minor, but building from source may solve
the problem.  Is this an option for you?

Have you run the LDM on a j series machine before?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307