Re: AFIT

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Hi Anne,
> Alright, I am trying to figure out what all you told me to do, and I found
> some stuff on the questions asked area of the website.  I do have a question
> regarding why the number goes up by 3 each time.  Is that telling me that it
> is really just one area that is bad?
> Thank you
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

That number is simply the PID (process identifier number) of a process
spawned by pqact.  The PID is assigned by the operating system (OS).
You can't read too much into it, because every process spawned by the OS
is numbered, and your OS may be doing lots of things and thus spawning
lots of processes.  If absolutely nothing else is being spawned on your
machine, then maybe every third process spawned by pqact is failing.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307