Re: Queue must be local, and syslog conf fix

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Good Afternoon Anne,
> I am in the syslog.conf using vi.
>
> Is there anyplace in particular to put that
> local0.debug       /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log
>
> I just put it in there.
>
> I put it in there with 2 tabs between debug and /usr
>
> is that alright?
>
> Can you put it on opt or do you need me to do that?
> Not sure what you mean there, I will re-read.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It doesn't matter where you put this line in /etc/syslog.conf.  It
*does* matter that there are tabs instead of spaces, so you're on the
right track.

However, I just looked at the file and don't see the change.  Are you
sure you put it in there?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307