Re: Queue must be local, and syslog conf fix

Hi Jeff,

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Hi Anne,
> I don't know what is going on with the "zoo". I don't really have anything
> to do with that.
> etc/syslog.conf is showing the change I made.  I put it in the center below
> mail.debug

Are you sure you're editing the /etc/syslog.conf on blizzard?  I still
don't see it there, even under the mail.debug line

> There is plenty of memory to place the /opt on nimbus.  You will be able to
> telnet into nimbus from fujita or blizzard.
>
> I really appreciate all the help.  I know I keep saying that, but I do mean
> it.
> I did tell my bosses that I was looking forward to the class next year, when
> I will know what
> you are talking about and be able to pick up much more.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

I'm very happy to help you, and it will be a pleasure to have you again
next year.

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> > Hi Jeff,
> >
> > The space in /opt on blizzard is fine, or if you want to put it on
> > another host that's fine too.  Let me know which host you would like to
> > use.  One hard requirement is that the queue must be on a partition on
> > the local host - it cannot be remotely mounted.  The only other
> > requirements are that there is sufficient memory and disk space, and a
> > speedy disk is very helpful.
> >
> HI Anne,
> Let's go  with nimbus for the mount.  blizzard acts up too much, and like I
> said, it isn't our machine, it belongs to the 88th Weather Squadron.
> Thanks
> Jeff

I think I wasn't being clear in my above statement.  If the ldm is going
to be on blizzard, then the queue must be on blizzard too.  The queue
can't be on a mounted disk.  So, the ldm can't be set up on blizzard
with the queue on numbus.  In my previous message I was talking about
the ldm as a whole, not just the ldm queue.  I was thinking that you
were considering moving the entire ldm to another host.  So, I assume
the ldm will be on blizzard for the forseeable future, is that right?

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307