[LDM #OQE-357383]: (No Subject)

Kevin,

> Hi Steve,
>
> We might not have a "resolution of the problem" but we have a work around.
> Gilbert called yesterday and he wanted to try out a couple of things.  So
> after looking at a couple files he asked me to add the ldm commands into
> the rc.local file again, but this time using the su - c and then the path
> name for the ldmadmin stop, clean, delqueue, and mkqueue paths.

Unless the LDM user was specified in the su(1) command, everything will be
owned and run by root, which is very, very, bad.

> In
> addition, I had been running the KDE Plasma Workspace instead of GNOME
> before all this happened.  Well..something wiped it out and I was in GNOME
> when we were going through everything. So I was finally able to get KDE
> back and when we rebooted, with the commands in the rc.local file, LDM
> started to run and receive data from batman2.  I added Gilbert into this
> email in case I missed anything else that would be pertinent.  But the
> bottom line is LDM is running now and I am receiving data on it.

Who owns the LDM processes, the product-queue, and log file?

> Once again, thanks for your patience and all the help you provided the
> other night. It was very much appreciated.

You're welcome. Without understanding the problem, however, I worry that it
will re-occur.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson