[LDM #NOM-250566]: LDM help/question

Steve,

> " AFAIK, each radar site sends products to two NOAA/NWS sites (the TDS and
> RDS). Those sites insert the products into an LDM queue and we request from
> them."
>
> That is my understanding also. I can not get to the code but I think we
> REQUEST the data in the ldmd.conf file with a statement (from my notes) like
> REQUEST Craft " L2.* (KMHX/KAKQ/KRAS/KLTX)" 129.16194.234 (same for
> 235/236/237/238)

> The ingesting of the Level II radar data works fine (60-70K size every 5-7
> mins)  for a while and then all of a sudden fails (only partial files) for a
> period of time but then later on starts working well again. From the attached
> figure and the file names (given at the collection start time in UTC) and
> date/time modified (LST), it almost seems like the ingesting of the data kind
> of hangs up on a file and then the timing and populating gets all screwed up

If your LDM is in verbose mode (ldmadmin start -v) then both the downstream LDM
process that's receiving the radar products and the pqact(1) process that's
processing them will log the products in the LDM log file. You can check the
log file for the indicated size of those products to see if they're arriving
truncated or not.

Alternatively, the relevant entries in the relevant pqact(1) configuration-file
can use the "-log" option to cause the relevant pqact(1) process to log the
products in the LDM log file. If you make this change, then you'll have to
execute the command "ldmadmin pqactHUP" to cause the pqact(1) process to
re-read its configuration-file.

> I am attaching a figure that illustrates the problem we are having.

No figure was attached.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: NOM-250566