[LDM #TWQ-411566]: Successful pqinsert but files missing downstream

Hi Lee,

> I've first tried the easiest suggested and keeping what's inserted into
> the queue on the same machine, and I'm finding that I'm not getting all
> files that are inserted even on the same machine.  It looks like it may
> be a residence time issue and queue size issue combined, and on both the
> server and requesting machine.  I'm getting zero for a status value for
> the pqinsert, so it's at least terminating correctly.  However, I've
> thrown the debug flag in as well, and I'm seeing several of the
> following at random times:
>
> 20230614T190316.649827Z pqinsert[2792931]
> pq.c:rpqe_mkspace:4945              DEBUG pq.c:rpqe_mkspace(): Deleting
> oldest to make space for 97362528 bytes

This is normal and to be expected.

> Of course the byte size listed is changing depending on the products
> sent.  I've read some literature speaking of balancing the queue for
> residence time and size, but it doesn't seem to be totally clear to me.
> Do you have any resource that explains better how to balance the LDM
> queues and why it would need to be set as such?

Basically, the minimum residence time of a product in the queue must be greater
than the maximum latency parameter in the LDM registry. The residence time is
best found via the "ldmadmin plotmetrics" command. If your installation doesn't
support that, then you can periodically execute the command "pqmon -v"; the
last output field will be the age of the oldest product in the queue in
seconds. The maximum latency parameter can be found via the command "regutil |
grep max".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: TWQ-411566