[LDM #RFS-998749]: Requesting Troubleshooting Assistance

Jacob,

> I am trying to troubleshoot an issue that I am having with a data
> stream using LDM. I am trying to request data from a specific path in
> the upstream server and send it to the downstream server. I have set up
> the allow and request commands as such:
>
> Upstream server:
> allow   EXP     ^downstream-server "/path/to/desired/data/.*"

You should end "^downstream-server" with a "$" anchor to secure who can connect.

Also, "/path/to/desired/data/.*" should start with a "^" anchor.

> Downstream server:
> request EXP "/path/to/desired/data/.*" upstream-server

Same comment about "/path/to/desired/data/.*".

> My colleagues have set up other LDM feeds between these two servers that
> are working just fine. So, there are a couple of other LDM data feeds
> between these two servers.
>
> The LDM logs are a bit ambiguous to me. But here is some of the
> information that appears to be different for this data stream in
> particular.
>
> Upstream server:
> {{EXP, " /path/to/desired/data/.*"}}, SIG=NONE, Primary

There shouldn't be a space between the quotation mark and
""/path/to/desired/data/.*". Check your REQUEST entry.

> Downstream server:
> The logs do have a NOTE after the Starting Up note for the request in
> question that read: "Previous product-information file ".d#####......."
> doesn't exist"

This may be safely ignored because you're just starting to receive these
products.

> I am new to LDM and am trying to explore it on my own first. Any insight
> that you have is greatly appreciated.
>
> Another question that I have is, does there have to be a pqinsert command
> to insert the new data into the LDM product queue in order for the data
> to be transferred via LDM or can the data be input into the LDM product
> queue via the allow and request commands?

Once the downstream LDM process -- created by the REQUEST entry -- has
subscribed to a feed from the upstream LDM, all matching data-products inserted
into the upstream LDM's product-queue (possibly by pqinsert(1)) will be
transmitted from the upstream LDM to the downstream LDM and inserted into the
downstream LDM's product-queue.

You can use the notifyme(1) utility to verify that the downstream LDM can
receive the relevant products and to vet the downstream's REQUEST entry. For
example:

    notifyme -v -h upstream-server -f EXP -p "^/path/to/desired/data/.*"

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RFS-998749
Department: Support LDM