20030120: McIDAS-X user command at Santa Clara University (cont.)

>From: "Mahalingam Haritharan" <address@hidden>

Hari,

>Here is my code in fortran to take location.

OK, I took a quick look at the code and see that it is always
requesting a chunk of data that falls within the first 480x640 pixels
from the input image.  The code that does this is:

>c      It wants a certen number of sleects else it wont do a mcalin
>c      Looks like mcaget wants at lest these two slectts
>c     Set selection conditions
>         selects(1)='SIZE 480 640'
>         selects(2)='BAND 4'

So, without looking any harder at your code, I would say that you can
modify the code to include the entire image by changing the SIZE select
condition.  For instance, if the input image has 600 lines and 800
elements, change selects(1) to:

         selects(1)='SIZE 600 800'

After making the change, of course, you will need to rebuild your
application.

You could even make your application more flexible by allowing the user
to input the size of the LINxELE box that is to be requested.  You can
follow the example in the code that gets command line input for the
AREA file numbers.  For instance:

C..... Expanded command line syntax:
C      JBLACK area1 area2 outfile nline nelemet

      integer ib, ie, nch
      integer nlin, nele

      integer nchars

      nlin = ipp( 4, 480 )     ! default is 480
      nele = ipp( 5, 640 )     ! default is 650

      write( cstr, '("SIZE ",I4,1X,I4)' ) nlin, nele
      nch = nchars( cstr, ib, ie)

      selects(1) = cstr(ib:ie)

I hope that this helps.

Tom

> [...]
>C ?   area2     | Second of two McIDAS area files
>C ?   outfile  | Output file
>C ?
>C ? Remarks:
>C ?    Two area files will be opened and data extracted. Information
>C ?    will be written to outfile.
>C ?
>C ? Goes in /home/user/mcideas/src. To compile, "fx jblack l"
>C ? Add this comand(file name of this porgram) to IR404.CMD so that the
>McIDEAS sceduler
>C ? will preform this program as soon as it updateds the IR4 images.
>C ? ---------
>
>c     Variable declaration
>      character*12 dataset             ! Data set name
>      character*80 selects(2)          ! Array holding values for area selecti
> on
>      character*2 format               ! Format of the returned data
>      character*4 unit                 ! Units of the returned data
>      character*12 cpp                 ! McIDAS function
>      character*12 outfile             ! Output file
>      character*4 cnvarea              ! Character equivalent of nvarea
>      character*4 cinarea              ! Character equivalent of iadir(1)
>      character*120 cstr               ! Character string for usin in skeyin
>      character*24 etime
>      character*24 epochtime
>
>      integer nselects                 ! Number of elements in selects
>      integer iadir(64)                        ! Array for the area directory
>      integer maxbyte                  ! Maximum byte size per line
>      integer msgflag                  ! Message flag
>      integer handle                   ! Data stream indicator
>      integer status                   ! Success/failure to call to mcaget/mca
> lin
>      integer data_buff(640)           ! Data array
>      integer nvarea                   ! Area number for use in nvset
>      integer lbeg                     ! Upper image line in area
>      integer ebeg                     ! Left image element in area
>      integer lres                     ! Line resolution
>      integer eres                     ! Element resolution
>      integer ilin                     ! Image line
>      integer iele                     ! Image element
>      integer work_array(480,640)      ! Testing array
>      integer threshold                        ! tempeture below wich ligting
> will occrue, in dk
>      integer rows, cols               ! start row, start colum varbils
>      integer temp_array(480,640)      ! Holds the tempture
>      integer ccount                   ! cool count
>      integer z
>      integer altidue                  ! Arbtray number of meters asuming the
> strom is
>above the gound
>
>      real xlin                                ! Real equivalent of ilin
>      real xele                                ! Real equivalent of iele
>      real xlat                                ! Latitude
>      real xlon                                ! Longitude
>      real xdummy                      ! Dummy variable

      altidue = 2000