[McIDAS #DFM-438704]: Status of GOES-19 support in McIDAS

>> That being said, you do know that Unidata no longer supports McIDAS-X, right?
>
> Thanks. I was waiting for an official public statement on this, but I am
> disappointed, to say the least.

All I can say right now is you can expect an announcement relatively soon, but
our inability to develop or support Unidata's McIDAS-X remains the plan.  I'm
sorry that this is a disappointment, McIDAS-X has served our community well
over the years, but the way I see it the sunset of this software coinciding
with a new generation of Geo satellites feels appropriate.  I'd be willing to
bet McIDAS will continue to tick away just as it has for as long as the GOES-R
series transmits data.

I will take this opportunity to remind you of the public email list:
address@hidden.  I'll admit there isn't much traffic on there these days, but
there could be.

Here's to the future,
-Mike

Ticket ID: DFM-438704
Department: Support McIDAS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.