Re: [galeon] New project to add/enhance 4-D WCS/WMS capabilities in THREDDS and GeoServer

Hi Jon & Stefano,

CPS is outdated. The service which allows for portrayal and, additionally, data analysis is WCPS (Web Coverage Processing Service) which is part of the WCS suite and, as such, will be proposed for standardization together with WCS 1.2. Status is Best Practice, we have implemented version 1.0.0; the current document set is 07-157r1 on the OGC portal (let me know if you want me to mail it).

cheers,
Peter

Jon Blower wrote:

Hi Stefano,

We don't currently have plans to do this.  However, it's certainly
something we can consider.  I'm not too familiar with the CPS
specification - what state is it in at the moment?  This particular
project will be more about implementation than research so I wouldn't
be too keen to spend effort working with a specification that is in
its early stages (although it's valuable for the future).

Cheers, Jon