Re: [galeon] WCS CF-netCDF profile document

Stefano & all,

one of my tasks is to come up with a template for format extensions. I
attach the current draft and would be happy to get feedback based on
your experience with the netcdf format extension.
Please note that issues such as asynchronous result communication,
single-file/multi-file response are factored out from the formats as
such, they are being covered at another, central place.

-Peter

PS: Just to make that clear, on a side note: the core/extension concept
has not been brought up by WCS, it is a paradigm worked upon by the
Architecture WG which will be adopted by all future OGC specifications
to achieve more modularity.

stefano nativi wrote:
Hi Steve,

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer.

I am in serious agreement with the two actions proposed by you and
Ben. As anticipated by Ben, we will work on investigating a simple
approach to embedding OPeNDAP into WCS that can be achieved as a small
delta on the draft "WCS CF-netCDF profile document". Actually, this is
a great input to improve the profile document.

As soon as possible, we will circulate another profile specification
draft to the GALEON list.  Of course, any contribution is very welcome.

Thanks,

--Stefano