Re: [galeon] How to map a parameterized projection to an EPSG code

Hi Aaron, all,

Aaron Braeckel wrote:
I brought up this issue to the Coverages WG in St Louis when I co-presented with Ben. I was told that the CRS variability was resolved with parameterized CRSs via URN. I also brought up the issue of pressure levels, and it sounded like pressure levels were representable as well. I also have a note about ISO 19133 and Linear Coordinate Reference Systems, which is probably in reference to the representation of pressure levels.

I'm not familiar with ISO 19133. My impression on dealing with pressure levels and such was that: 1) ISO 19111-1 "General Reference Systems" would allow for more than 3 or 4 axes, non-spatio/temporal coordinates, and multiple time coordinates. 2) And ISO 19111-2 "Extensions for Parametric values" would allow for the use of coordinates like pressure and sigma.

Does anyone know about the status of these? (And if my understanding of them is correct?) Also, do they then need to be folded into GML?

Thanks,

Ethan

I believe George Percivall and Carl Reed answered these questions, so they may be worth contacting for further information.
Aaron

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690