From: galeon-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:galeon-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ethan Davis
Sent: 09 October 2008 20:59
To: galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [galeon] How to map a parameterized projection to an EPSG
code

Hi Aaron, all,

Aaron Braeckel wrote:
I brought up this issue to the Coverages WG in St Louis when I
co-presented with Ben.  I was told that the CRS variability was
resolved with parameterized CRSs via URN.  I also brought up the issue

of pressure levels, and it sounded like pressure levels were
representable as well.  I also have a note about ISO 19133 and Linear
Coordinate Reference Systems, which is probably in reference to the
representation of pressure levels.

I'm not familiar with ISO 19133. My impression on dealing with pressure
levels and such was that:
1) ISO 19111-1 "General Reference Systems" would allow for more than 3
or 4 axes, non-spatio/temporal coordinates, and multiple time
coordinates.
2) And ISO 19111-2 "Extensions for Parametric values" would allow for
the use of coordinates like pressure and sigma.

Does anyone know about the status of these? (And if my understanding of
them is correct?) Also, do they then need to be folded into GML?

Thanks,

Ethan