[galeon] How to map a parameterized projection to an EPSG code

Hi Ron, Peter, et al:

I think what follows is the same issue that Aaron brings up, or at least a
small part of it.

Our data typically uses CRS that are described by parameterized projection
functions. eg, Lambert Conformal, with parameters lat/lon origin and two
standard parallels. Thus there are an infinite number of possible CRS. Is there
a way to map that into an EPSG code and/or form a URN?

apologies if this is obvious.

Ron Lake wrote:
Hi,

I think the idea that all CRSâ??s can be well know is a stretch.  One only
need to change the origin or make a rotation to create a new CRS.  I
think this problem is solved by having the service advertise the CRS
that it supports and use URNâ??s to identify the CRS.  A registry like
(http://www.epsg-registry.org) can then be used to resolve the URN
reference and get the CRS definition.
Ron