Re: [idvdevelopers] New test release of Image Chooser and PR

>> Can one turn on and off the "reload upon reprojection status of a
>> display in the Properties?
>> I don't see a checkbox there:
>
> It's not in the Display Properties (but could be).  In discussions with SSEC,
> clicking OK/Apply on the Properties causes lots more things to happen than
> just changing a property.  So, we put it under the View menu.

But there it applies to all displays equally.

If I created a PR display, can I convert it to a fixed display that does NOT
reread?
Or do I have to go create another, identical display, but this time without
using the
convenience of  "Match Display Region"?

>> It would only serve for a whole new use style: always navigate the map
>> before loading anything.
>> Who does that? No current user.
>
> That's the default behavior in NMAP2 - subset and load data into the
> projection of the currently displayed region.

I could get used to it.

> Here's my use case.  I make a bundle over Colorado of satellite, radar,
> observations and model data.  I use that for looking at the weather over my
> area on a daily basis.  On a particular day, there is some interesting
> weather (e.g. a Cat 5 hurricane hitting Miami). I want to look at the weather
> over Florida using the same displays I have over boulder.  I could load in
> the boulder bundle, and then change the projection to florida and that would
> work, but I'd be loading data twice.

You can reproject/move the bundle before the initial loading has completed,
right?
Or is that hazardous?

>> So - to avoid the auto-reload, do I need to uncheck the box during
>> display creation?
>> (TOO HARD TO REMEMBER EVERY TIME)
>> Or can I just need to create a display without using the Match Display
>> Region?
>
> That's what I would do.  Then it will always be at the resolution you picked
> when you loaded it in.

Which one?
To repeat the question:
Does the user have to uncheck the PR to get a fixed display?
Or will any display created without  Match Display Region be of fixed area?

> The global preference sets the default on any view created.  Each display
> gets it's preference from the view it is being loaded into.  If you turn off
> PR before you create the displays, they will not be reloaded if you change
> projections or use the RBB.

You seem to be saying I have to "turn off" PR under Projections,
in order to get a non-reloading display -- even if I don't use the
Match functionality. Is that right?

Thanks for much clarification!
Brian