[Fwd: NMC2 relay--a change]

--- Begin Message ---
  • Subject: Re: NMC2 relay--a change
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:01:29 -0700
On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Robert Mullenax wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I have never received any appreciable amount of data at psnldm.
> It appears that the connection to this machine in New Mexico is
> better.  I will try to see what other network problems are occuring in
> Texas, but in the mean time could you comment out the accept for
> psnldm and add this machine:
> wxmcidas.nsbf.nasa.gov
>
> I will temporarily try to then relay the feed to Palestine, or if I
> clean up
> the disk a lot, try to decode the MRF NMC2 feed here.
>
> Thanks
> Robert Mullenax

Robert,
I added wxmcidas.  The traceroute to psnldm looks find until it get to
NASA, then it doesn't look so good.  It does use the vbns though.  The
traceroute to wxmcidas does not use the vbns, but our link to JPL.
However, the traceroute times look better, so I can't tell which will be
better. wxmcidas is now 'allowed' to feed from cyclone.
Mike

Mike Leuthold
Atmospheric Sciences/Institute of Atmospheric Physics
University of Arizona
address@hidden
520-621-2863

--- End Message ---