Re: AFOS (fwd)

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> Robb,
>
> We do have a firewall, but I thought you could get through.  It might be that
> can only get another NWS office into the HP through the firewall.
>
> As to Jack Gross's questions.
>
> We are going through an APT.  The baud rate is definitely 9600 as we are
> using
> the same synchronous to asynchronous line to feed our Bubble viewer,
> splitting
> the signal after the APT.  Bubble sees and is storing AFOS products.  It is
> possible to put a lap-top on the port at the SAC end of the line and run
> ProComm
> in receive mode and see AFOS products on the line.

David,

Can you capture a product at that point?  If I could get the product then
I could ftp it and use it as raw data test here. If the capture works with
the feedtest, then you would know that the stream/ldm is valid. Trying to
narrow down the problem.

 So far the SAC sees
> something hence the byte count, but my impression is that it expects some
> sort
> of WMO header

I checked the code, it's looking for an AFOS header.  Not WMO

and it is calling the AFOS headers garbage.

I think the LDM can't find the AFOS header, so it's complaining about
that.

 When I had LDM
> running in Amarillo, my afos_log file contained statements such as missing
> ZCZC
> but the one on this computer refers to WMO headers.

What version of the LDM are you using? Latest is 5.0.6 What type of
machine/os is SAC?

  I'll do another search for
> pqact.conf.  maybe I have a default file on on the system somewhere which is
> being picked up by LDM.
>
> I did reboot the SAC yesterday, but as you say that should make no
> difference.
> I am not sure what else I could do to provide a telnet access.  If you get
> any
> ideas I'll give them a try.

Usually  a site will have a "border machine" that will permit users from
outside the site to login. Then it's possible to login to an inside the
firewall machine from the border machine. Ask your system admin about it.

Robb...