19990206: LDM/pqact question

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

>Hello all,
>
>Hope all is getting cleaned up and put back together in UNIDATAland!
>Those winds looked mighty mean on the footage I saw off our local news.
>
>Anyway, I have a question over a pqact entry in my LDM. I am doing this:
>
>AFOS   ^CHISWRIL(.*) ([0-3][-0-9])([0-2][0-9])
>       FILE domestic/state_roundups/IL.(\1:mmm)\1\2
>
>OK. What I am looking for is an output file of:
>
>IL.feb0703
>
>Where 07 is the day, and 03 is the hour in Z time. This works for my
>DDPLUS entry, and I searched for help on the LDM page and I couldn't get
>an answer off of it, searching through the archives (man pages didn't help
>either).
>
>Any hints? I am getting NO output file right now. Weird.
>
>Gilbert

> *
>Gilbert Sebenste                                                     ********
>Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
>Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois University                      ****
>Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                ***
> *

Gilbert,

Looks like 1 typo in the field [-0-9] should be [0-9]

Also, (\1:mmm)\1\2 should be (\2:mmm)\2\3 I believe if your second parentheses
is matching on the day of month and third is hour of the day.

I can't tell from the text above, but also check for a TAB between FILE and
domestic.
When in doubt about the pattern, you can run "notifyme" with the -p action to
verify that your pattern is correct.

Steve Chiswell