Re: Re[6]: NOAAPORT and LDM

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Gregory Grosshans wrote:

>      Robb,
>
>      After some email with FSL I've been able to get LDM/pqact to work on
>      specified products.  Here is some information that I've found out.  I
>      do have some questions though.
>
>      An entry like:
>         FSL5    ^NOAAPORT       FILE    data/np/npdata
>
>      Does work.  In fact if it looks like this:
>         FSL5    (^NOAAPORT*)    FILE    data/np/npdata-fsl
>
>      Both data files look exactly the same.
>
>      However, the following two entries don't produce the same results:
>
>      FSL5       ^NOAAPORT.NWSTG.TEXT.SA FILE    data/np/sadata-normal
>      FSL5       (^NOAAPORT.NWSTG.TEXT.SA*)      FILE
>      data/np/sadata-fslway
>
>      The second entry/listing results in a data file that is much larger
>      than the data file generated by the first entry.  I don't understand
>      why this is happening.

Greg,

The only difference I can see is the white space between the last of the
pattern and the action FILE needs to be a tab.  Spaces are legal parts to
product names, so tabs are used as deliminators.  This is the reason most
pqact entries are written on 2 lines making sure no spaces are trailing
the product pattern.

>      Here is some additional information and a question:
>
>      The NOAAPORT header for each product is a lot different than the
>      typical Family Of Services headers.  For example, on NOAAPORT the
>      following metar ob was received:
>
>      @^L^ARUKWBC^Bc^C^B^P^_^AKDENSPCN31 CWAO 021627^M^M
>      SPECI CYFC 021627Z 19014KT 6SM -SHRA BR OVC018 RMK SC8=^M^M ^M^M
>      ^C
>
>      And on the FOS, Domestic Data Services feed the same product looks
>      like:
>
>      ^A^M^M
>
>      570 ^M^M
>      SPCN31 CWAO 021627^M^M
>      SPECI CYFC 021627Z 19014KT 6SM -SHRA BR OVC018 RMK SC8=^M^M ^M^M
>      ^C
>
>      What I don't understand is that to capture this product in pqact on
>      the NOAAPORT feed the following must be used:
>
>      FSL5    (^NOAAPORT.NWSTG.TEXT.SP*)      FILE    data/np/metar-data
>
>      From the DDS feed the following can be used:
>
>      DDS        ^S[AP].... .... ([0-3][0-9])    FILE    data/dds/metar-data

This is the result of the software to inject the products into the queue
and the header created.  I suspect that FSL is using the pqsend program
with the Np header, FOS uses pqing using a WMO header. I would
contact FSL about what the full Np header looks like.  Then you can create
pqact entries to "pick" out certain products. The ldmadmin watch command
is probably truncating the header, so one doesn't see the unique part of
the header. This is my speculation.

>      Sometimes it seems that the location of the parenthesis for the
>      NOAAPORT feed is important.  I've tried having them in different
>      locations or not at all and then LDM doesn't act on the product.
>      Perhaps it depends on if a '*' is being used or not.

I don't envy you, you got to find out what the products complete patterns
look like. Also, product patterns are regular expressions.
On our LDM web page:
LDM5 Site Managers Guide in PDF, HTML, or Postscript

look at section on LDM configurations where the detail information about
pqact and regular expressions.

>      Since the actual product doesn't even have 'NOAAPORT.NWSTG.TEXT'
>      within it, it makes me suspect that the LDM queue has a product ID for
>      each product within the queue.  Then if the product ID matches
>      something in the pqact.conf file, then pqact acts on the data/product
>      in the queue.  Is this correct??

Noop, the LDM is ignorant of product ids. No internal tables

>      On the IDD feed containing the NOAAPORT data do the product headers
>      look like they do on the FOS, or do they look similar to what I'm
>      seeing on NOAAPORT?

IDD feed Np products headers look like FOS.

Robb...