More on AFOS (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:48:36 -0700
From: "Glenn P. Davis" <address@hidden>
To: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
Subject: More on AFOS

Gilbert:

Robb & I think we know what your question is, finally.

We think that you are getting AFOS for the first time, and
that you are asking how to modify your pqact entries which
were written for the Family of Services (WMO) input
to work for AFOS.

Suppose you had a pqact.conf entry like this:

WMO     ^WWUS..         FILE somefile_of_warnings

For the AFOS input, you would need a line like

AFOS    \(WWUS..        FILE somefile_of_warnings

That is to say, where before you match on the beginning of
a line, for AFOS, you would match on the literal '(' in
the ldm product id.

Of course, if you know the AFOS PIL for the products you are
interested in, you can match on that, anchored at the beginning of
the product id.

For example, if you were interested in convective sigmet from
MKC, you could use a pattern like this:
AFOS    ^MKCWSTW        FILE    somesigmet_file
instead of
AFOS    \(WSUS42 KMKC   FILE    somesigmet_file

-glenn